Lake Minnetonka Incident Brings Tragedy To West End Family
The CRAVE West End family is consumed with grief and sorrow from the unfortunate tragedy that took the life of one of our own on Saturday, February 2nd. Harland Dietrich, only 31 years old, passed away after his car broke the ice and sank in Grey’s Bay on Lake Minnetonka on Saturday afternoon.
Harland was a loved and cherished server at CRAVE West End, and he embodied the spirit and attitude that we as a company aspire to. The beautiful sentiments below are just some of the personalized characteristics that the West End family remember about our friend Harland.
- More than a co-worker or employee, he was a phenomenal friend and close family member to all of us here.
- He had a remarkable ability to relate to each person, allowing for each of us to have a special connection and friendship with him.
- He invested in the lives of his CRAVE family members by reaching out and building relationships with our families and children, supporting those who needed help, and through showing us the positives in every person and situation.
- He was constantly positive and looked at each shift, each situation, and each day with an amazing sense of optimism.
- His contagious laugh would make others laugh (even if they didn’t know why he was laughing) and his smile made co-workers and guests alike smile for absolutely no reason at all other than his presence.
Please note that these are not memories for us, but the legacy that Harland inspired. His amazing spirit lives on in all the people that he touched throughout his time with us. It’s not just that he made us all better people for having known him, but that we continue to aspire to be the people he saw in each of us.
A Facebook page dedicated to remembering Harland can be viewed here.
This is just a glimpse at Harland Dietrich. The overall sentiments of everyone we talk to is that he was truly one of the most amazing people they have ever met and that we have all improved as people for having known him. This is not an exaggeration, but the deep sentiments of the West End family that has lost one of their own.
- CRAVE West End Family